skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Stealing, theft, robbery. The point is, is it right or wrong?
Don't you remember, with the place, at the time, and the things? You were there, and so was he! Good times. Good times. Weeeeeeeell anyway, I think that it is crucial to uphold one's principals, because without principals we like have nothing to stand for. But, in the circumstances such as Liesel's it is, to me at least, understandable that she would steal. But, if you think about it, what she was stealing were books, which are not necessary to live. It's different when its food. It could be argued that she needed the books to help her catch up to her age group and that she depended on them to maintain her mental/psychological stability. When you have to uphold something at the cost of sacrifice, if the sacrifice is too large then nobody is going to be upholding anything. It's human nature, selfishness and self preservation and so on and so forth. And of course, I think saying most of us would die trying to prove a point is kind of a lie. I think everyone is smart enough to know that dying to be able to say something that nobody will even hear cus you'll be dead is stupid. But I would feel bad if someone trid to steal from me and then that person died because I didn't allow him to steal... I'm thinkin a little poor disease ridden child who's on the verge of death or starvation. I just wanted to clear that up. I'd rather give him something of monetary value than let him die.... I think. It's the sytem. You can't fix it, you can't tamper with it, but you can influence who it benefits by your actions. It's not the best system, but you learn to be indifferent for awhile. Deal with it. And the Big Question: Is it right or wrong? That all depends on your point of view and your principals and stuff like that.But I think it's wrong and is only right depending on the circumstances in which it is done. That's it. U expected more? Well too bad. Deal with it.
1 comment:
Patrick.. your right.. that is my same prespective.. its not o.k to steal anything but it is undersatnable if it is something like food..
Post a Comment